This form will offer outgoing owners of homes that are about to be rented more information on what to expect next with their homes, and to provide a guideline to ensure the home is ready.
We ask that your property is fully vacated at least 72 hrs. in advance of the lease start date.
Review the following information for additional steps that may need to be completed.
1) UTILITIES: Ensure all utilities remain ON at the property. Once a lease agreement has beensigned, you may turn them off. Contact your utilities company to let them know you will be renting the property.
2) KEYS: Turn over all keys to RentWerx upon surrendering the home. RentWerx will changeall locks and maintain keys. DO NOT change your own locks, as we are on a specific key system that requires the work to be performed in house.
3) GARAGE DOOR OPENER: Ensure that all garage door remotes, or HOA gate remotes areturned into RentWerx.
4) POOL ACCESS KEYS or CARDS: Most HOA sponsored community pools have a methodin place to ensure only residents and resident guests are allowed in the pool. Ensure this is turned over to RentWerx.
5) SERVICE CONTRACTS or HOME WARRANTIES: We request any information theowner may have on these programs, so we may be notified of any specifics in writing prior to any maintenance requests. Ensure your Home Warranty Company has RentWerx listed as an Authorized Party. Often the Home Warranty Company will not dispatch a vendor until the service fee has been paid. Also, please be advised that in some cases, even if we are listed as an Authorized Party, some companies still do not follow up with us. In this case, we may ask for assistance from the policy holder.
6)CLEANING AND CARPET SHAMPOOING AFTER MOVE OUT: We ask that thehome be cleaned as well as possible to a “Hotel Ready” state of clean to include all of the items in the checklist below. We often recommend you have the home professionally cleaned or look into our $595 cleaning service.
7) NO PERSONAL PROPERTY SHOULD BE LEFT AT THE HOME: This would includeany furniture, tools, outdoor grills, and landscaping tools. Cleaning supplies may be left at the owners discretion.
8) REPAIRS TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE TENANT MOVE IN: Plan to coordinate allrepairs to be completed before your departure from the property.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE MOVE OUT CHECKLIST
- Air Vents and Air Intake Vents – Free of dust, and filters replaced
- Baseboards – Clean and dust free
- Doors – Clean, including door jams, knobs, thresholds, and side lights
- Carpeting – Must be vacuumed and professionally shampooed
- Fireplaces – All cinders & debris shall be removed and swept clean;
- Flooring – All floors should be swept and mopped
- Light Bulbs – Replaced with Matching Bulbs
- Light Fixtures – Interior/exterior light fixtures must be clean and dust free
- Light Switch Covers – Replace damaged light switch covers that match existing
- Smoke Detectors – Less than 8 Years Old, clean and dirt free
- Trash – All trash must be removed from premises, not awaiting trash pickup
- Walls – Clean, dusted so that no marks are visible. Nails removed and patched.
- Water Softeners – Ensure water softener is full of salt.
- Windows – Interior & exterior glass cleaned in every room including window tracks.
- Window Sills – Window sills should be vacuumed and washed in every room;
- Window Treatments – Mini blinds and curtain rods must be clean and free of dust
- Cabinets and Drawers – Wash cabinets and drawers inside and out. Remove any shelf paper.Wipe out drawers with damp rag.
- Countertops and Backsplashes – Thoroughly cleaned, free of grease, debris and food particles;
- Dishwasher – free of soap residue and food particles. Exterior surfaces should be wiped clean of all dirt, stains and food particles to include the door seals.
- Garbage Disposal – Disposal should be clean of all food particles and odor free.
- Range Hood and Microwave – clean of dust, food particles and grease; Metal filters shall be cleaned or replaced, if applicable; Hood fan light bulb should be operational.
- Refrigerator – Interior and exterior washed throughout – remove all bins / shelves to clean thoroughly
- Stove – Remove racks and broiler pan, soak in hot water to clean, dry well. Clean inside of oven, top of stove, under elements, pan drawer, exhaust fan, hood. Remove lower drawer and clean under stove.
- Bathtubs, Showers, and Drains – Clean and remove all stains, dust, lime, mineral
- Floors (vinyl, ceramic, etc.) – Should be mopped and all base molding and trim
- Toilets – Entire toilet fixture shall be scrubbed and disinfected including toilet base
- Sinks, Mirrors, Faucets – Should be cleaned and free of streaks and spots;
- Vanities, Cabinets, Shelving, and Towel Bars – Clean interior/ exterior
- Walls and Ceramic Tile -Wash all walls and doors until free from dirt, mildew
- Exhaust Fans – Need to be cleaned, free of dust, and silent during operation.
- Trash, Debris, and Leaves. Yard Maintenance – Clean, weed free, mowed, and edged
- Siding – Wash exterior siding if dirty
- Carports, Garages, and Patios – should all be broom clean and free of debris.